10 Non-Fiction Books I Read & Loved in Spring 2016



1.Better Than Before by Gretchen Rubin


A book on forming good habits and shedding bad ones! 

2. 101 Secrets for Your Twenties by Paul Angone


A motivational guide to surviving my twenties, even though I’m not an adult yet. It's good to be equipped!


3. Madness: A Bipolar Life by Marya Hornbacher


A memoir on living a bipolar life. I love reading books on mental illness, and this 1st-person account teaches me a lot about bipolar disorder and what it's like to live with it.


4. The Joy of Less by Francine Jay


A how-to guide on being a minimalist. I'm suddenly extremely interested in Minimalism and Zero Waste, so this book has some great advice to offer.


5. Spark Joy by Marie Kondo


The follow-up book of The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo, the tidying guru. #KonMari


6. How to Tell if Your Cat Is Plotting to Kill You by Matthew Inman


A fun graphic novel for cat-lovers. Even though I'm not one myself, I'm still awwing through the portion "how to tell if your cat is plotting to kill you." The rest of the book is...not that humorous or funny? But I guess they're inside jokes for cat owners.


7. The Productivity Project by Chris Bailey


Productivity! How to accomplish more with less time and energy. This book has tons of little experiments you can try for maximizing your productivity. It even rates the "fun level" of each project! I am neither a procrastinator nor a stressed caffeine junkie (No, I'm a very calm person. Very.) I also have a ridiculously light workload. BUT the tips this book provides will be useful in college and later on in adulthood.


8. I’ll Have What She’s Having by Rebecca Harrington


A fluffy, sassy book in which a magazine editor goes on a diet project and tries out celebrity diets. I laughed out loud several times reading this one, (even for me, the unemotional tree stump), so it's an easy, lighthearted read.

9. Almost a Psychopath by Ronald Schouten



For satisfying my obsession for psychopathy/sociopathy...


10. Zero Waste Home by Bea Johnson


By the famous Zero Waste advocate Bea Johnson, whose family of 4 produced only a tiny mason jar of trash in several years. As I've said above, I'm suddenly into Zero Waste, a lifestyle that focuses on reducing trash we produce. I'll hopefully write a full review in the future! 


So these are the 10 non-fiction books I enjoyed so far in 2016! Does any of the books above pique your interest? Do you have any recommendations for non-fiction books you loved?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...